Cover

Sunday 6 April 2014

Social media overload

When I was asked to take the job as broadcaster for the HarbourCats I was told the job would be far more than calling the games day in and day out. I would be responsible for most of the game day video, interviews, team specials, etc. This would require lots of time behind and pocket recorder and a camera. This hasn't been a responsibility of mine on this scale before. I relish the challenge, and I am excited for the work ahead. A vast majority of the content I will produce will be fed through the HarbourCats website, game day scoreboard, social media, and during the broadcasts themselves. Then I made the decision to also feed lots of other content through my own social media. Twitter is the main account I use for work, but I figured it would be best if I expand on that. So I dove in head first into several other sites to expand the teams footprint. I will be using Youtube for videos that are made by myself of the team. I will also do my best to do a Vlog recapping the HarbourCats games and events throughout the season. SoundCloud is a great place for me to place any interviews I do with coaches, media, players, or anyone else I come across. Instagram is just a place for me to toss up fun candid pictures of the team and fans as we travel all season. These are empty for now, but it will fill up very fast as the season is fast approaching. If you use any of these be sure to give me a follow and I can get you the best HarbourCats content all season!

Twitter
Youtube
Instagram
SoundCloud


Note: I also made a change to the name of my blog for the upcoming baseball season. I will have a very similar view for baseball as I do in hockey, but it won't be as frozen.